Description of Users and Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Website, the Platform, the Restaurant Website(s), and/or interacting with you, BentoBox will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
1. Personal Information
When you sign up to become a Customer, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, your business name, e-mail address and phone number. And, if you contact us via the Contact Us page, you will need to provide your name and contact information.
All information that we receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.”
We do not collect any Personal Information from Visitors when they use the Website, unless they provide such information voluntarily, such as by registering or sending us an e-mail or signing up for a newsletter.
2. Billing Information
3. Guest Order Information
4. Other Information
In addition to the Personal Information, Guest Order Information, and the Billing Information, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From Your Activity. In an ongoing effort to improve the Platform, we automatically collect certain information when Visitors visit the Website, when Customers use the Platform, and when Restaurant Guests access and use the Restaurant Website(s). Such information includes, without limitation, IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website Visitors visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Platform.
- From Cookies. We collect information using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Platform. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Platform may not function properly.
For more information on these third parties, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit the sites below. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Platform.
For Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics
For MixPanel, please visit https://mixpanel.com/
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
Anyone who has signed up to use the Platform may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to the same by following the instructions found on the Platform. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any BentoBox marketing e-mail. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account with BentoBox.
How We Use and Share the Information
You authorize us to use the Personal Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve the Website and the Platform; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our promotional partners.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- Agents, Providers and Related Third Parties. We may engage other companies and individuals to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- Aggregated Information. In an ongoing effort to better understand our Visitors, and Customers, we may analyze Personal Information with Other Information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website and the Platform and for our own research purposes. This aggregate information does not identify you personally.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose your Information if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action or disclosure is necessary or appropriate to: (i) operate the Platform, (ii) comply with any legal obligation, report unlawful activity, cooperate with law enforcement, or protect against legal liability, (iii) protect and defend our rights, property, personnel, suppliers, sponsors, agents or licensors, or (iv) protect the personal safety of vendors, users of the Platform or the public.
- Third-Party Applications. With your permission, third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information. We use standard OAuth (open authorization) to enable you to give permission to share your Personal Information with other websites and services, such as Facebook and Twitter (e.g., when you agree to a pop-up requesting you to allow another application to access your account information). We also use OAuth to allow us to share information about you that is stored by us without sharing your security credentials.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platform may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Website, the Platform, the Restaurant Website(s), and their servers are operated in the United States. Please be aware that your information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Platform and/or the Restaurant Website(s), you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with BentoBox may choose to opt out of our sharing their Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at:
BentoBox CMS, Inc.
116 West Houston St, 3rd Floor,
New York, NY 10012
In addition, BentoBox does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Us